Learn what's new in GISCollective:
- A new About page in the menu provides the option for a handy description of the project.
- A list of your teams is now available under Manage in the menu. Each team has an associated Dashboard page that provides quick access to your team's maps and iconsets, as well as team management.
- Location masking precision is now configurable under Settings -> Location services(available for administrators), through setting the number of decimals to preserve from the original position.
- The sounds you upload now have a label on the site's page if you set a text label for the sound file.
- Masking feature location is now possible. You can edit your map to enable the masking of features, and set a map based on which the masking is done. For the default masking mechanism, define an empty map, and features location will be generalized by approximated to the closest integer coordinates.
- In addition to features "private" and "public" states, we added a "pending" state. If your map has add features as pending enabled, contributions on the map will be created as pending. This means that the feature will be displayed publicly on the map, but only the icon and location will be visible, no other data. Once you review and publish it, the public state will result in all data on a feature being publicly available, as before.
- We added the Campaigns feature. This enables you to define a more straightforward form for contributions on maps. You can set automatically the icons used for each proposed site, and configure the questions that participants need to fill in.
You can also follow our release history in Gitlab:
For more news and updates, sign up to our newsletter on giscollective.com